Pregnancy is a magical time for a woman. But it’s also a time of bodily changes, awkwardness and discomfort. Why would you want to pile on more awkwardness by saying something foolish? That’s right, you wouldn’t. So read on and learn the nine things that you should never, ever say to a pregnant woman.
- “You look like you’re about to pop!”: No woman wants to hear this. You might as well tell her she’s a hippo.
- “Well, when I was pregnant, I [INSERT ‘HELPFUL’ COMMENT].” Just tell her she’s a bad mother already. That’s what you meant, wasn’t it? Because that’s what she heard.
- “That’s just your hormones talking.”: No. No it’s not. And you’re about to find out how much it’s not.
- “Natural conception, or fertility treatments?”: It’s not your business, so don’t dare ask.
- “You know you shouldn’t eat XYZ, right?”: Again, not your business. Hush.
Read the rest over at YourTango.com: The 9 Things You Should Never (Ever!) Say To A Pregnant Woman
Get more smart suggestions from YourTango.com: