With the holiday season approaching, plenty of families will be taking to the skies, roads and rails. Here are the latest in travel toys and tools — and a little helpful advice — to make your family travel experience a little easier!
GRID-IT Organizer reminds us that you can never be too organized, especially when traveling with kids. These handy organizers hold everything from cords to candy to phones.
Crayola myPhones are headphones that your kids can decorate to their liking. The package comes with more than 30 sticks and three Crayola Fine Line Markers.
BubbleBum inflatable car booster seat is a booster seat that deflates for easy travel and easily inflates for use at your final destinations.
Juice Pal Insulated Juice Box Holder will prevent your kids from squeezing their drinks and making a mess.
Infantino Car Seat Buddies will entertain your baby with fun sounds and bright colors. The toy will easily attach to infant car seats.
Melissa & Doug Linking Monkey makes a great travel buddy. The soft toy will develop grasping and sensory skills. The plastic rings ensure that this companion stays close throughout your travels.
The most important thing to remember when traveling with kids is to pack an assortment of colorful toys and choose games that involve a lot of movement and last longer. This way your children will stay engaged and be less concerned on “Are we there yet?”
- Get the kids to bed early before the day of travel to avoid cranky little ones.
- If possible, schedule travel time for when your kids tend to nap.
- Bring plenty of distracting toys and have them available at the start of the trip before your kids get antsy. Save the movies for when the toys have lost their luster.
- Pack plenty of snacks to help divert tantrums.
- Bring any medication, extra supplies, wipes and an extra change of clothes for you and your kids in an easily accessible bag. You never know when travel sickness can hit!