Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
Serve with jasmine rice and slices of seedless cucumber.
- 1/4cup peanut butter
- 2 1/2tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 3/4cup water
- 1 1/2pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 8 (8- to 10-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
- To prepare sauce, warm peanut butter in a small bowl in microwave. Whisk in remaining ingredients. Add 3/4 to 1 cup water, as necessary to reach desired consistency.2.
- To prepare chicken, weave pieces onto skewers. Combine lime juice, oil, salt and pepper and brush on skewered chicken.3. Prepare a grill or heat a grill pan to medium-high.
- Prepare grill. Lightly oil, and grill skewers 3 minutes per side, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Transfer to a platter. Serve with peanut sauce.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 377
- Fat 20g
- Cholesterol 109mg
- Sodium 781mg
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 41g