Halloween Candy Cookies
- Yield: 4
Chop leftover Halloween candies and tuck the pieces into cookie dough in lieu of chocolate chips. Almost any candy will work—Butterfingers, Heath Bars, Milky Ways, Snickers, Kit Kats, M&Ms and even Twizzlers, gum drops, and jelly beans.
- 3 2/3cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4teaspoon coarse salt
- 1cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/4cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 2-- eggs
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 3cups chopped candy bits (such as Butterfingers, Baby Ruths, Heath Bars, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Twizzlers, jelly beans, M&Ms, Lifesavers)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars together with a mixer until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture and mix just until combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Stir in candy bits.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.