Lemony Asparagus and Chicken Pasta Toss
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
Just as good cold as hot, this dish is great for a picnic or for lunch at work.
- 2cans (14-ounce) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 12ounces frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8ounces uncooked short pasta (rotini or penne)
- 1/2pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2cup prepared pesto
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a deep skillet or Dutch oven, bring broth to a boil over high heat. Add frozen chicken. Return to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer 22 minutes. Remove chicken from broth, cool and shred.
- Increase heat to high and bring broth to a boil. Stir in pasta and continue to cook, uncovered, 6 minutes. Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Drain pasta mixture and return to skillet. Add shredded chicken, pesto, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss gently.
Recipe by Nancy Hughes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 470
- Fat 16g
- Sodium 830mg
- Carbohydrate 48g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 34g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 15%
- Vitamin C 35%
- Calcium 25%
- Iron 15%