Pork Chops Braised in Milk
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 90 minutes
With a long slow simmer, the milk and flour mixture reduces down to a caramelized sauce that's delicious with the tender pork chops.
- 4-- (1-inch) thick pork loin chops
- 2tablespoons flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2teaspoons butter
- 2teaspoons vegetable oil
- Trim all fat from pork chops.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chops; shake to coat chops with the seasoned flour mixture. Remove chops from bag; reserve the remaining flour mixture. Place the reserved flour mixture in a small bowl. Gradually add 1/2 cup of the milk. Melt butter in a large skillet with the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Add milk mixture to the skillet; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the chops over. Add remaining 1 cup milk; cover and cook 30 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover skillet and cook the chops 15 minutes longer, or until the liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup.