Southern Corn Bread Dressing
- Yield: 12 to 15 servings
- 6cups crumbled corn bread
- 4 1/2cups dry white bread crumbs
- 8cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1cup finely chopped onion
- 1cup finely chopped celery
- 2tablespoons sage
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1tablespoon salt
- 2teaspoons pepper
- 8-- eggs, beaten
- Combine the corn bread and white bread in a bowl and mix well. Stir in the broth, butter, onion, celery, sage, sugar, salt and pepper. Add eggs and mix well. Add additional broth if mixture appears dry. Spoon into a buttered baking dish. Bake at 400F for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Mother’s Finest Catering’s Mother’s Finest: Southern Cooking Make Easy (2002).